Our Wines

Paulina’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc

2014 Vintage

South facing Scalie soils host these 8 year old vines, situated close to the Indian Ocean. Low yielding crops of 7 tonnes /ha yield from these perfectly pruned and manicured vines.

Harvesting & Fermentation:

The grapes were harvested by hand at 23c balling and transported to the winery under cooling. All grapes were vinified in the Rickety Bridge cellar.

Fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks at 12c and lasted more than 30 days ensuring a fresh and concentrated wine. The grapes were pressed gently up to 0.9bar pressure. 10% of this wine was fermented and aged in small French oak barrels. Total maturation time in barrel was 6 months. The remaining 90% was kept in stainless steel tanks on the yeast lees for 6 months to ensure a well-rounded mouthfeel.

Tasting Note:

Deep and complex, true South African style and class all emerge from this Paulina’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc. A favorite of many, she exhibits many attributes one would expect from such a wine only with added character and depth that one would expect from a white burgundy. Lovely rounded texture and long finish.

Maturation Potential:

Peak up to 5 years after vintage.

Food Pairing:

Prawn and avocado salad, asparagus with a hollandaise dressing, sushi

Alc: 13.5%

Sugar: 1.3 g/l

TA: 6.2 g/l

pH: 3.50

Other Wines